Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Stroll Through the Woods

Hi everybody,
Saying that makes me feel like I am addressing tons and tons of people even though I am pretty sure I'm not, but I hope one day I will be so I'll keep saying it anyway (  to remind myself I'll get there eventually ). 
So! Today I went for a walk in the woods, I'm guessing in the morning because there was a lot of time left in the day after but I don't know what time exactly I went. My dog Jasper came with me and we were gone for around two hours. We started our walk on the trail my family made in the woods that we call the "walking trail" that is for anybody who feels like going for a walk in the woods. So we started on the trail but very soon in we took a turn and went over a hill and just kept walking to see what we could find. Yes we have been back there before but there is always something new plus we have not been to the cottage in two weeks. We went on our walk originally to go find some treasures in the woods. Treasures being animal bones and such. Those are the types of things we find at the cottage :)
I brought my camera with me. Of Course! 
I took some pictures that I am in love with so I thought I would share them with you
Here we go!...
I would not say that this is my favorite picture but 
I took it today and I am in love with it. It is looking down
the neck of a glass bottle I found in the woods at the little 
world that is growing inside of it.

This is the skull of I am guessing a fox. I have even done 
some Google-ing with my mom to compare it with other
animals and the only other things it would be is a wolf but
we are thinking it is a little small for that. This is one of the 
things I brought back to the cottage after our walk :).

This is a baby pink fungi that is growing on a log that I
thought looked so cute I had to take a picture.
I tried to get a good picture but I didn't expect it to
come out as good as I think it looks.

These are little baby fungi that are growing on a log, and
there were actually a lot of the all down the length of the log. 
A picture of that is on my Flickr, but I also did a close up
and I am really glad I did because I think the
detail is amazing! You can see all the little I'm
 going to say hairs but I am not sure what they are.

These are some of my favorite from today but the rest of them are on my Flickr so go take a look 
if you liked these. The link is at the top of the page.
I didn't finish writing this today oops! So all of
this actually happened yesterday.
Thanks for reading :)
BYE





No comments:

Post a Comment